The Passion Plan:
A Step-by-Step Guide to Discovering, Developing, and Living Your Passion
by Richard Chang
Published by Jossey-Bass Publishers
Hardcover - 285 pages - $25.00
Think of something that you know
or sense may be your passion. How do you feel when you think about
pursuing it? Based on your feelings, check the statements below that are
true for you. Be completely honest. If an item causes a strong reaction
because you don't want it to be true, it's more than likely true for you.
1. ____ I dwell on problems that might occur if or when I pursue my
2. ____ I question my ability to succeed at my passion.
3. ____ I feel unable to make the changes necessary to pursue my passion.
4. ____ I really don't care whether or not I pursue my passion.
5. ____ I limit my expectations of success based on what others like me
have achieved in pursuing a similar passion.
6. ____ I procrastinate in making the changes needed to pursue my passion.
7. ____ The changes needed to pursue my passion require more effort than I
have to give.
8. ____ Making the necessary changes to pursue my passion may be too risky
9. ____ Others could easily convince me to abandon my passion.
10. ____ I worry that others will question my judgment about pursing my
Give yourself one point for each statement you marked true. Then read on
to learn where you stand.
0-1 Congratulations! You are living your passion.
2-4 You have opportunities to do more with your passion. Be willing
to pursue it and become the person you really want to be.
5-7 Break down the barriers and let more passion into your life.
Develop specific actions for identifying and incorporating passion into
your life on a regular basis.
8-10 You are suffering from severe passion deficit. Take immediate
steps to identify your most important passion and solicit the support of
your family and friends to help you incorporate this passion into your
Reprinted with permission of Richard Chang.
Visit the Passion Plan web site at http://www.thepassionplan.com/.
(c) 1999 Richard Chang, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
The Passion Plan