(Homemaker Returning to the Workforce)
Written by Susan Britton Whitcomb, CPRW, NCRW
Business Office Administration and Support
Accounting . . . Business Office . . . Clerical
- Performed full-charge bookkeeping functions for family partnership-accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, payroll tax returns, and working papers for CPA preparation of federal
and state returns (volunteer bookkeeper, 5 years).
- Provided secretarial support for Burroughs Corporation sales office-typed correspondence and reports, transcribed dictation, maintained files (secretary, 2 years).
- Developed and maintained a system to track invitations (1,000+), reservations, ticket sales, and deposits for annual fund-raising event (reservations chair, 5 years).
Leadership . . . Community Service
- Elected president of nonprofit guild benefiting a regional children's hospital. Directed 30-member organization in planning dinner-dance attended by 600-1,000 each year. Asked to return
and serve another term as president to help revitalize organization when on the verge of disbanding-membership grew and participation increased by year's end.
- Served as adult advisor to nonprofit girls' organization. Supported girls, ages 13 to 18, in conducting monthly meetings, developing public speaking skills, and planning community
service projects. Recruited and worked with adult advisory board.
- Regularly supported junior high and high school bands in practice sessions and state-wide competitions. Helped arrange fund-raisers that generated finances to send 100-member marching
band to Europe for two-week tour.
- Counted on as a reliable committee member and volunteer for numerous church, school, and community service projects. Assist wherever needed (program planning, record keeping, letter
writing, needlepoint and sewing projects, baking, and more).
education, computer skills___________________
- Recent workshops in Internet navigation and research, Microsoft applications, and specialized agricultural accounting and production software. Keyboard skills: 65 w.p.m.
- College courses in accounting, business office operations, and secretarial science at Fresno State College, Fresno, California.
555 North West Avenue / Great Little Town, CA 95555
Susan Britton Whitcomb is author of Resume Magic: Trade Secrets of a Professional Resume Writer (JIST, 1999) and contributor to 10 resume and job-search related books. A Nationally Certified
Resume Writer and Certified Professional Resume Writer, Susan is principal of California-based firm Alpha Omega Services. She brings 15 years' experience to the tasks of resume development
and job search/career transition for professionals, managers, and executives. Contact her at http://www.topresume.com or 559-222-7474.