Cost Accountant (CPA)
Written by Sally McIntosh
COST ACCOUNTANT, CPA
1 Accounting Blvd.
New York, New York 99999
13 years' experience in all facets of accounting field.
Analyze, compare, and interpret facts and figures quickly.
Make sound judgments based on data obtained.
Clearly communicate results of work, orally and in writing.
Good working with people and with business systems and computers.
Possess high standard of integrity.
Certified Public Accountant, State of New York, XXXX
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ABC Manufacturing, New York, New York, XXXX - XXXX
Cost Accountant, XXXX - XXXX
- Studied and collected information to determine standard and actual costs of widget manufacturing including raw material purchases,
inventory, and labor.
- Analyzed data obtained and recorded results, using computer.
- Examined changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs.
- Evaluated actual manufacturing costs and prepared periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provided management with reports comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products explaining monthly budget
variances to senior management.
- Reported and interpreted discrepancies directly to upper
Auditing Consultant, XXXX - XXXX
- Conducted special study and in-depth analysis of company's 401-K
- Audited internal controls of payroll deductions leading to proper accounting by 3rd- party investment company.
- Results of audits assisted in maintaining good employee/management relations.
New York Utilities Company, New York, New York, XXXX - XXXX
Cost of Service Analyst, XXXX - XXXX
- Performed and coordinated embedded and marginal cost of service
- Reviewed FERC and ICC rulings and orders for impact and
incorporated appropriate changes into cost-of-service models.
- Gathered necessary information and prepared various regulatory
financial reports and rate filings.
- Assisted in coordination and preparation of electric and gas rate
filing schedules resulting in grant of rate increases.
- Prepared cost studies and monthly billing calculations for contract customers.
COST ACCOUNTANT, CPA - page 2
New York Utilities Company, continued
Internal Auditor, XXXX - XXXX
- Conducted audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
- Provided proper checks and balances over company's various financial operations.
- Uncovered internal control weaknesses in company's bidding practices.
- Assessed and evaluated management's responses to audits.
- Supervised employees during audits.
- Audits performed included District/Area Offices and Storerooms, Power Plant Storerooms, Fuel Receiving and Accounting, Accounts
Payable, Purchasing, Cash and Temporary Investments.
Regulatory Accountant, XXXX - XXXX
- As sole regulatory accountant, prepared and coordinated annual regulatory reports to State Commerce Commission and Federal
Energy Regulatory Commission, handling annual operating
revenues of over $6,000,000.Prepared financial statements for wholesale and retail rate cases.
- Researched GAAP accounting and regulatory accounting questions
that arose within the company.
- Requested to teach Regulatory Accounting credit course to the
Economics Engineering class.
- Initiated computerization of financial statements.
- Successfully filed for and was granted rate increases.
General Accountant, XXXX - XXXX
- Reconciled NYUP's cash account to bank statements and general ledger balance for previous three years, allowing major accounting
firm to issue unqualified opinion leading to positive effects on company's stock price.
- Accurately handled 318 service-area bank statements and 15
disbursing banks' statements monthly.
- Prepared monthly closing entries and annual inventory adjustments
Other Positions Held: VITA, New York College, XXXX to Present
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Business Administration
New York City College, New, York, XXXX
Various continuing education courses, seminars, and workshops in
accounting and related areas.
Available on request.
Sally McIntosh is a Nationally Certified Resume Writer, a Certified Professional Resume Writer, and a Certified Job and Career Transition Coach. Sally has been in business for 12 years and
is the owner of Advantage Resumes. She serves on the Certification Commission of the National Resume Writers' Association. She can be reached via email at SallySJM@aol.com.