Sales Representative - High Tech
Written by Susan Britton Whitcomb, CPRW, NCRW
SALES, MARKETING, 555 Avenida Magdalena
DISTRIBUTION OF Camarillo, CA 95555
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (555) 555-5555
Award-winning sales professional - Seven years' sales experience with rapid advancement through positions as international account manager, outside Web sales representative, intranet/Web
specialist, and division sales manager. Exceeded sales quotas and objectives on behalf of all employers, frequently earning company recognition for top sales performance and top division
performance, as well as partner awards such as Netscape's Outstanding Preferred Reseller.
Skilled project and people manager - Assembled talented teams whose diversity fostered unconventional thinking and creative solutions to complex challenges. Constructed and executed
strategic business plans, including management of financial resources, operational infrastructure, compensation and reporting systems, as well as market development (VAR channel development
and end user development) and relationship management.
Technologically astute - Significant experience in sales of intranet, Internet, Web, and e-commerce software applications, as well as UNIX server operating systems. Well versed in use of
MS-based business software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as contact management and database programs.
AAA SERVICES CO., Santa Barbara, CA 11/96-Present
(formerly DEF Company, now dba as Mega-Makers, Inc.)
Sales Manager, AAA Services Sales Division (1998--Present)
Manage $21 million in sales of software subscription/upgrades to SMB market and support services to Fortune 500 client base. Hire, mentor, and motivate 15-member sales team consisting of
4 lead representative territory managers, 7 account managers, and 4 support renewal account managers.
Direct a 3-tier sales distribution model focusing on Intel UNIX install-base (end user) and redirect business through VAR channel program. Manage sales infrastructure, including monthly
compensation plans, sales coaching, pipeline management, sales rep activity reporting, motivational training, and monthly executive reviews. Chief contributions:
Sales Team Development, Performance:
- Delivered 120% divisional goal attainment, $2+ million over objective.
- Boosted margin 32% over prior year's performance.
- Generated highest division-wide gross profit per headcount at $46,000.
- Transformed inexperienced sales team into quota-achievers, with nearly 80%
exceeding Q3 and Q4 quotas.
- Expanded relationships with key SCO distributors, premier resellers, and authorized
- Constructed '99 Business Plan for OpenServer 5.0.5 and UnixWare 7.0.1, along with
featured products in layered, enterprise license banding, and SMP licensing.
- Appointed Task Team Leader to develop and guide corporate-wide sales training modules, curriculum, and transactional accounting.
- Managed $6 million renewal subscription program, achieving a record 75% renewal rate.
- Developed processes for sales transactions, renewal tracking, monthly sales audits, and client reporting.
Web Products Sales Manager (1997--1998)
Challenged with launching new division, a direct marketer of enterprise-wide software applications with focus on intranet, Internet, and e-commerce solutions for medium and large
businesses. Directed 2 territory account managers. Contributions:
- Ranked as top sales performer company-wide three consecutive quarters, generating 136% of quota.
- Established new business with key accounts such as 3Com, Intel, and Cadence Design Systems.
- Led division to earn recognition as Outstanding Netscape Communications
Corporation Preferred Reseller.
- Built revenue from zero-based startup to $3 million.
Internet Web Specialist / National Territory Account Manager
Attained 160% of quota, finishing year as top sales representative in company.
IMAGE-ON, INC., San Jose, CA 3/96-10/96
Outside Web Sales Representative
Exceeded all sales quotas and quarterly objectives while providing customers with e-commerce solutions, Web page development, and intranet deployment.
AGRI-MARKETERS, INTERNATIONAL, Fresno, CA
International Account Manager
Outperformed sales quotas four consecutive years for largest U.S. importer of frozen, processed vegetables from Latin America.
Bachelor of Science degree, Business Administration (Business Law Emphasis)-UCLA
Avid mountain biker, tri-athlete, and runner. Congressional appointment to USAF Academy. All-American high school water polo team.
Susan Britton Whitcomb is author of Resume Magic: Trade Secrets of a Professional Resume Writer (JIST, 1999) and contributor to 10 resume and job-search related books. A Nationally Certified
Resume Writer and Certified Professional Resume Writer, Susan is principal of California-based firm Alpha Omega Services. She brings 15 years' experience to the tasks of resume development
and job search/career transition for professionals, managers, and executives. Contact her at http://www.topresume.com or 559-222-7474.