Physical Education Teacher
Written by Deborah Wile Dib, NCRW, CPRW, IJCTC
23 Larkin Boulevard, Patchogue, NY 11772
Permanently Certified Teacher * Physical Education
Adaptive Physical Education * Health and Nutrition
Dedicated to the creation and nurturing of a lifelong passion for health and fitness that will enhance students' well-being and directly impact their academic success.
Convey an enthusiastic attitude that promotes sportsmanship, develops teamwork, and motivates children to welcome physical fitness participation. Encourage young people to make activity
and wellness an enjoyable part of daily life.
Create an energized atmosphere while maintaining discipline and safety standards. Utilize specific physical activities to enhance students' classroom curriculum.
Develop and implement district-wide curriculums and lesson plans which adjust to student's needs. Skilled in the identification and screening of special-needs children.
Education and Certification
Masters of Arts in Education with Special Certificate in Adaptive Physical Education
Dowling College, Oakdale, NY, 1989
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education and Health
Columbia University, New York, NY, 1982
New York State Permanent Certification in Physical Education # 000-0000
- Teach individual students, small groups, or classes of over thirty students.
- Function in single location, or as district-wide teacher.
- Construct district-wide curriculums geared to specific age groups and ability levels.
- Develop screening instruments.
- Identify children's gross motor skills and special needs.
- Write Individualized Educational Plans.
- Screen students throughout school system for program participation.
- Coach high school junior varsity - volleyball and basketball.
- Coach middle school intramurals - volleyball, basketball, softball, and track.
- Coach Special Olympics and prepare students for events.
- Create and implement inter-school competitions in volleyball, track, basketball, gymnastics, and swimming.
Merrick School District
1998 to XXXX
Teacher of Physical Education (K-5), Merrick Student Workshop
New York City Public Schools 1984 to 1994
Teacher in Adaptive Physical Education
St. Louis Public Schools
1983 to 1984
Teacher in Adaptive Physical Education Department
Teacher of Health and Physical Education, grades 6-8
Deborah Wile Dib is a Nationally Certified Resume Writer, Certified Professional Resume Writer, and Internationally Certified Job and Career Transition Coach. She is
President of Advantage Resumes of New York. She has had over 60 resumes/letters published and has a weekly career column at http://www.LIJobs.com. Visit
her web site at http://www.advantageresumes.com. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by voice / fax at 516-475-8513.