Written by Janice R. Worthington-Loranca, CPRW, JCTC
432 East Honeymoon Way
Columbus, Ohio 43215
EXECUTIVE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful professional qualified by twelve years of visible achievements in the food service/hospitality industry. Offering a tradition of performance excellence reversing distressed
operations, enhancing visibility in market place and generating high-dollar profits.
1995 to Present
THE BLUE DANUBE RESTAURANT
- Direct sales and profitability of high-image full service restaurant founded in 1937 and generating up to $822,000 annual sales.
- Specialize in American/Greek eclectic cuisine and serving lunch/dinner offerings
seven days a week; accommodates up to 125 guests and manages 38 associates.
- Orchestrate recipe/menu development based on guest trends/preferences and
seasonal considerations; sources vendors and negotiates inventory costs.
- Develop advertising strategies, layout, and design for print in Columbus Alive, The
Other Paper, and The Ohio State University Lantern; provides complimentary meals
to WOSU-Radio in exchange for promotional air-time.
- Extensive profit/loss experience in standardization of portions and implementation
of labor cost controls, documents end-of-month, daily and weekly transactions;
prepares bi-weekly payroll.
- Recognized for cultivating long term, stable staff with team-player philosophies;
credited with increasing revenues 167% over three years by increasing customer
base and average check.
- Created, developed and implemented all formalized operational systems and
procedures including employee handbook, flow charts, forms, check-lists,
server/bartender/kitchen associate job descriptions and incentive programs.
- Configured server station charts to assure high degree of cost-efficient customer
service; focused on customer problem-identification and resolution.
- Voted "Best Dive Bar" and "Best Neighborhood Bar" by Columbus Alive, August
27, 1997; co-partnered promotions with Ohio State University, Leukemia Society,
Children's Hospital National Night Out, Neighborhood Services and Multiple
1994 to 1995
- Directed food and beverage promotion and operations for highly visible night club/theme restaurant seating 420 guests and generating over $10 million annually.
- Managed 22 shift associates including wait staff, bussers and bartenders; selected
to train all new employees via ten day formal training program.
- Demonstrated skills accommodating private parties featuring corporate heads,
sports figures and celebrities; credited with high degree of diplomacy resolving
problems without sacrificing customer relations.
- Recipient of performance excellence recognition; ranked #3 in business development and won numerous sales contests.
1986 to 1994
- Directed 18 associates in lounge operations for full service theme restaurant
seating 280 guests and generating $1.3 million annual sales.
- Emphasis on inventory control and business development, generated $25,000 monthly sales, and recognized with regions= lowest liquor cost out of 218 stores.
- Cultivated Monday Night Football company promotion from #21 to #2 in one year; designated Employee of the Month four times in 24 months.
B.S.B.A. IN ACCOUNTING CANDIDATE
Then Ohio State University
(Three quarters from completion)
Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce
North Campus Business Association
Ohio Restaurant Association
National Restaurant Association
Janice R. Worthington-Loranca, CPRW, JCTC, is President of Fortune 500 Communications, and one of the oldest resume preparation firms in the U.S. With 14 years of corporate recruiting
experience beginning in the late 1960's, Fortune 500 Communications has served clients worldwide. Ms. Worthington holds Bachelor and Master degrees in Journalism and has assisted over 30,000
clients in all aspects of search, presentation and delivery. She can be reached via her web site at www.fortune500resumes.com or toll free 1-877-9RESUME.