Supply and Distribution Manager
Written by Susan Britton Whitcomb, CPRW, NCRW
1324 Realia, Houston, TX 76543 (800) 555-1212 email@example.com
More than 19 years of experience in the wholesale ag fertilizer industry with strengths in sales, purchasing, and logistics management. Highlights:
Sales Management and Business Development
- Spurred significant growth in large sales territories, managing sales in five southwestern states with customer base of 400+.
- Introduced new applications for established products (feed industry, lawn and garden, industrial uses), improving sales and consistency in cash flow. Developed successful
niche markets for new research products.
- Wrote and implemented wholesale marketing plans. Designed strategies to enhance
sales, including customer focus meetings, response surveys, in-house sales
departments, and top dealer programs.
- Mentored several individuals new to the business who went on to hold regional sales,
sales management, and international business development positions.
- Coordinated joint ventures between foreign investors and Texas dealers and
Procurement and Distribution
- Experienced in procurement, storage, inventory management, order processing, and
distribution of agricultural fertilizers.
- Negotiated wholesale product pricing and procurement contracts; familiar with virtually
all major manufacturers and international trading companies.
- * Formed strategic alliance with international nitrogen company and coordinated set-up
and operation of a UAN-32 terminal; knowledgeable in import/export rules and
regulations for deep water ports.
- Negotiated rail rates. Coordinated intra and interstate trucking; managed anhydrous
ammonia rail fleet. Established a U.S. backhaul truck system.
Related Industry Experience
- Experienced in product labeling, licensing, and materials registration including
hazardous fertilizer materials; developed numerous contacts within TDFA, with ability
to maneuver products through approval process quickly.
- Called on to assist with state and national lobbying efforts; served as industry
delegate to Washington, D.C. on a number of occasions; assisted with grassroots
legislation that favorably affected industry.
- Comfortable in public speaking and other high-visibility roles; promote the fertilizer
industry through involvement in FFA and other outreach programs; conducted
numerous business-related presentations and workshops.
- Elected to Board of Directors and appointed to various committees for the Texas
- Built relationships with key industry individuals at the wholesale, distributor, and retail
Director of Supply and Distribution-Southwest Chemical Corporation 1996-Pres.
Western U.S. Regional Manager-Major Chemical Corporation 1992-1996
Western U.S. Regional Manager-Minor Chemical Corporation 1988-1992
Promoted through positions in Logistics and Sales Management-Ag-Builders, Inc.
Continuing Education: Numerous professional development seminars in executive accounting, sales management, negotiations, and TQM, as well as semiannual conferences relating to the
agriculture fertilizer industry.
Graduate Studies: Humanities-University of Texas, Austin
Undergraduate Emphasis: Business Law, Criminal Corrections, and English Literature-University of Texas, Houston
Susan Britton Whitcomb is author of Resume Magic: Trade Secrets of a Professional Resume Writer (JIST, 1999) and contributor to 10 resume and job-search related books. A
Nationally Certified Resume Writer and Certified Professional Resume Writer, Susan is principal of California-based firm Alpha Omega Services. She brings 15 years' experience to the tasks of
resume development and job search/career transition for professionals, managers, and executives. Contact her at http://www.topresume.com or